Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Simile

Rivalries-Spring In January




Separated frowns.
Dangle across the horizon.
But then the sun comes up.
Causing them to collide into each other.
Depression, sadness, hatred and sorrow.
All of these things, I do not feel when I see your smile.
When you smile at me, when our hands are held.
Up come flowers, up come flowers.
I'm sorry your so perfect.
Walking every morning, every memory.
(All of these things)
Tracks are fun, but we walk them.
I live in your smile,
I breathe in your eyes.
Our hands and our hearts,
beat together like a perfect sunrise.
I'm only 17, I promise forever.
Keep saying you miss me and
I will stop hating the east coast.


https://www.purevolume.com/player/popup?a=99555081




This song by the new band Rivalries, was written by lead singer and song writter Shane Himalman. At the age of seventeen he feels as though he has seen alot of different things and feels he should share what he's found with the world. Although the second line of the song has become popular due to it's sexually explicit message, it actually reffers to the moon and how it appears to just sway. The only real simile is "our hands and our hearts beat togather like a perfect sunrise" This is comparing their relationship to that of how beautiful a sunrise can be. Also, how wonderful and how this relationship is the only sure thing in his life, like the sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones